Monday, June 30, 2014

A New Administrator & a Sad Goodbye

It is with mixed emotions that I tell you that I am leaving this blog as administrator. It has been a fun 2 years of watching our little chicken travel the world! And I loved seeing all the wonderful paintings that so many of you did along with the wonderful stories that you wove about your visit with TC & her Entourage.

But the time has come for me to "pass the baton" to the next administrator, and I can't think of a more fitting one than Azra! It is she who first started the idea of a small, ceramic chicken in her painting back in April of 2012. She then sent it to a friend & it grew to include many artists and countries. 36 artists have participated with their art & stories all because Azra had an idea one day to do a painting. Funny how a single thought can spark a whole project!

And now the blog returns to it's original owner. Please welcome Azra as she takes on the role of webmaster for The Traveling Chicken blog. I will be mailing the chicken package out to her so that she can begin the challenge all over again. If you wish to contact Azra, you can email her.

And I'll continue to watch & read. Love these stories - and who knows, the little chicken may make it's way back to me one day so I can paint her once again.

Thank you to everyone who helped & participated, you made it a most wonderful experience!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Nan for your dedication to this blog and to the Traveling Chicken Project. I so enjoyed having my visit with TC and her entourage, knowing that artist's before me painted them and artist's after me would in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! This was all very special, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan: Thank you, thank you for creating such a wonderful, entertaining time for all of us "artistes" out there. It was so much fun to receive the package, think of a clever story and then send it on to parts unknown. You did a lot of work and we're all very, very appreciative. Here's to Azra creating more fun episodes of the Traveling Chicken.

    ReplyDelete