Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunbathing Chickens

This morning I awoke to calm and quiet. A little too calm and too quiet. Going to make my early morning cup of coffee ( I don't function too well without it!), the traveling crew were nowhere to be seen.

I put on my best deerstalker hat and went searching. Nobody on the back patio. No one in the bottom garden. As I crept round the side of the house, there they were sunning themselves on the sunlounger. They had taken a sneaky early morning swim. As Senor Azul explained:

"We awoke as the cock crowed and as everyone else was still asleep, went for a dip to cool off after the warm night."


After breakfasting on the balcony, the crew got ready to leave. After a teary goodbye, they climbed aboard and went off to the next leg of their journey in Brittany.


Farewell my colourful friends.

Keep Away from the Edge
7x10
acrylic on canvas panel

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting; I love the bright cheery colors! I am so glad they had a great visit with you! I understand they are on their way to another artist in France :) I know they are so happy to visit Europe; as Europe is where the whole adventure began!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the quiet mood. Who would have guessed this colorful gang could be peaceful? GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete